Italian food is a popular cuisine in the United States, and there are several restaurants to choose from. There are also many people who make Italian dishes at home on a regular basis. Italian cuisine can be complex but many of the dishes are very simple, yet delicious.
Italian cuisine includes common ingredients that are used in many dishes including tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, sausage, beef, fish, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, vegetables, and various sizes of noodles.
While there are many kinds of dishes, there are some that are more popular than others. The top Italian dishes include:
* Fettuccine Alfredo – made of heavy cream sauce served on wide noodles. It can be made with or without chicken.
* Lasagna – a favorite dish to make at home since it is easy to bake in the oven. It can include beef, sausage, mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Lasagna noodles are used to make layers.
* Linguine with clam sauce – every recipe is a bit different for claim sauce, but typically it has whole clams, an oil sauce and garlic.
* Pasta primavera – this is a favorite dish for vegetarians or anyone who wants veggies on top of pasta along with different sauces.
* Spaghetti with tomato sauce – probably one of the easiest dishes to make and it is the least expensive. For a variety, you can skip the tomato sauce and serve the spaghetti sprinkled with olive oil, garlic, black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
The number one Italian food in America is pizza. The original pizza, was first made in Napbles, Italy using flat bread and tomato sauce. It was first made in American in 1905 when Gennaro Lombardi began selling pizzas in his grocery store. In 1912, he opened Joe’s Tomato Pies in Trenton, New Jersey and America began its love of pizza. Another great place to check out is italian restaurant irving.
Lastly, unless you are having pizza, an Italian dish isn’t complete without having some type of bread. The most popular type of Italian bread is made using French bread that is sliced and baked with olive oil or butter, garlic and various spices.